Monday, May 24, 2010

Is it right for people to tell me to put my 26 year old severly handicapped brother in a home?


I have a problem and I need answers. My baby brother was born severely handicapped. Our mom passed away this January due to surgical errors. She told me and my sister to care for him and we do. The problem we now face is with family members and outsiders telling us to put him in a home and to go on with our own lives. During my mother's funeral everyone was so concerned about how and who was going to care for my brother and all, so now those same motherfuckers and motherfuckettes are no where to be found. I know for a fact they are saying to themselves thank God it's not none of me walking in those shoes. My brother is not a problem;he is very tall....but he is not a problem. He cannot walk,talk ,feed nor bathe himself. I assure you, he is not a problem. And for those who felt he may have been a problem; where are their helping hands. Where are those same concerned individuals at when my brother needs a bath,needs to be fed,changed,taken for rides, etc. I feel the individuals who suppose to have the common sense are the ones with all the problems not my handicapped brother who i care for everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's very honorable that you want to respect your mother's wishes and care for your Brother..But don't forget to care for yourself..When people make negative comments and interfere, whether we realize it or not it can and will affect our health..if we don't have an outlet just for ourselves..and this is especially important if you have a family of your own..Don't spread yourself to thin and if anytime your feel like the naysayers think they can do a better job..Give them a chance to prove it and maybe when they have truly walked in your shoes...the will keep their MOUTHS SHUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vermont 1ST, I am tired and I do have a family of my own. All of the negativity has affected my health. I tend to eat more than usual but not too much.I try to stay strong for my family ,but how long can I truely show strength when there is someone always around to tear me down. Thanks, for the kind words and I am going to start caring more about myself and my own needs.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete